After having read some reviews of this hotel I had to admit to having some doubts over choosing this hotel to host our wedding and reception as the big day grew closer. How glad I was to have stuck with our decision!
From day one we had nothing but polite,helpful and experienced staff dealing with us and nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
My main concern was the differing views on the quality of food but we can vouch that the reception food was fantastic as were the breakfasts we enjoyed every morning.
Unfortunately the two ladies that had dealt with our plans had left before our wedding (nothing to do with the hotel quality and the reasons explained to us) but the day went perfectly. The numerous staff involved had the ceremony,reception and food all bang on time to the schedule we had planned months earlier and made the whole day a happy and very relaxed event.
There was a slight mix up when we arrived over how many nights we were booked in for which was dealt with immediately and I was slightly dissapointed with the standard of our bathroom for the Four Poster Room which we had booked but we were offered a room change if we so wished. No problem at all with the cleanliness or size, just being one of the better rooms it could do with being updated as soon as possible.
That said it most probably has the best lake view in the hotel which more than makes up for the slightly tired decor.
Would definately go back and would recommend this hotel to any couple who want a friendly and relaxed intimate wedding
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District