We had a pleasant stay over Christmas at the Belsfield though I feel it is certainly in need of improvement for the expense that it is and more clarity in the running of the hotel.
After booking for Christmas, months in advance, we were informed only a month or two before that the sauna would not be working, not giving us enough time to find alternative accommodation over the Christmas period. Only apologies were given.
On arriving at the hotel, clearly it is undergoing a renovation as there is scaffolding and building works. One of the 3 rooms we booked were upgraded to a superior suite which indeed made the issue of the sauna become less so.
The remaining rooms were certainly in need of improvement, though clean, the rooms often smelt of damp and the showers were uncontrollably hot and then cold.
We were offered other rooms but the scaffolding impended the view from the windows.
On Christmas day we were under the impression that we would be getting a meal in the evening but in turn we only got a small buffet. We were informed that the roast was served for lunch - this was not made clear to us and of corse this is perhaps something we should of confirmed before but we were under no impression otherwise. Staff apologised and offered left over turkey but it definitely tainted our Christmas day.
Breakfast buffet was pleasant if not same-y, maybe there could be a change of selection for different days.
It is a shame as it is a lovely period building in an excellent location with pleasant staff.
It is in desperate need of improvements which seem to be happening but I cant recommend it for the money that is asked currently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District