As a 3 star hotel this must be at the top of the range. Perfectly located with easy and nearly level access to the town it stands overlooking Lake Windermere. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in many countries but the service in this hotel is a match for them all.
The Belsfield was booked for a party of 16 and I was not involved in the choice of hotel. I did however look at the reviews on TripAdvisor and was thinking (having read some pretty dire comments) we may only stay one night. What a pleasant surprise! The room was clean and spacious with a really effective easy to use shower. Also the hair dryer was in the drawer not in the bathroom secured to the wall. What a pleasant change. I hate those bathroom hairdryers with handles that get too hot to handle! The food was good too with plenty of choice for both dinner and breakfast and the price of our stay was very reasonable. There are a couple of very nice lounges in which to relax with lush leather furniture. Yes the hotel is old and rambling but they are obviously in the process of updating stage by stage. No doubt the swimming pool (which I didn't use though saw from our room window) will be done at some stage and also the lift: something of a novelty! The reception toilet block was obviously new and there is evidence of other refurbishment. These old hotel buildings must be difficult to maintain with so many nooks and crannies in which to gather dust. However I saw no evidence of uncleanliness during our 3 day stay. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes. Would I return? Most certainly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District