My husband and I checked in on Friday 13th for a 2 night stay b,b &eve meal. Upon arrival the welcoming receptionist advised us we had a complimentary upgrade to a lake view room, the hotels gift for our 22nd wedding anniversary. The room was very spacious and beautiful. The views were outstanding. The food was exceptional on both days with plenty of choice. The reception staff, bar, restaurant and cleaning staff were extremely polite and nothing was too much trouble. Each morning we both made use of the pool and sauna before breakfast, the photo of the pool area on the website makes the pool look a lot smaller than it actually was. The pool, sauna and changing areas were spotlessly clean.
The hotel decor is a little tired in a couple of areas, but this really does add to the character. I tend to disagree with the comment about the bar prices, for a hotel we found the prices reasonable, you will always pay more in hotels than bars. We definately recommend this hotel and could not find fault with anything. We have stayed in lots of b&b's in the lakes and frequent it regularly, it is definately worth paying that little extra und upgrading to this hotel. We will definately re-visit.
Thank you to all at the Belsfield for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District