I found this B and B through a "Dog-friendly" website,so I was taken aback by the interrogation about my dogs size and breed, when I rang to book, and unfriendly attitude. No mention about the car park being some way away across a busy road. There are steep steps at the front straight into this road. The room was dingy and overlooked a very busy and noisy pub, the loo was tiny and the shower filthy. Horrible loud pop music at breakfast and the most revolting sausage I have ever tasted.Grim and dark decor.Awful altogether.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Cottage is a quiet and relaxing guest house situated just two minutes walk from Lake Windermere, where you can catch the many ferry boats around the lake, and the centre of Bowness with its many bars, restaurants and excellent shopping. The cottage has WiFi throughout including the bedrooms. The Beatrix Potter Museum is less than 5 minutes walk away. It is ideally placed for seeing all that the Lake District has to offer and local bus services are 150m away. All rooms are en-suite, some with four poster beds and spa baths, and they include a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities with homemade biscuits, a fridge and hair dryer. Pets and children are welcome by prior arrangement in specified rooms, private parking is available and free leisure facilities can be enjoyed at the Old England Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginia Cottage Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Virginia Cottage Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District