My husband, me and the dog stayed for 3 nights in the suite room (room 6 on the website). The room was large with a small seperate lounge and a jacuzzi bath. It has also been recently decorated as it is not the same as on the website. Free parking opposite and use of a big hotels lesiure facilities which we didnt use. I will say there are good and not so good points to Virginia Cottage - so here goes:
Good - very welcoming, accomodating and hospitable owners. Lovely full English breakfasts (08.45-9.30am) and even a sausage for the dog every day! Very clean communal areas and bedrooms. Fresh towels daily. Free glass of wine on arrival and free home made cakes in the TV room. Lovely big room with beautiful furniture.
Not so good - no garden for pooches or for us to sit out in. Right next door to a pub which was occasionally very loud (although our room overlooked the beer garden so other rooms maybe less noisy). Very hot at night even with windows open. Newly decorated room but small things like a burn mark on the carpet (obvioulsy done by a customer ironing) and the wallpaper was peeling slightly at the seams. But that is nitpicking!
Overall a friendly and clean place that is full of charm and character with lovely features such as beams and wonky walls and floors - jus as an old building should be. Situated very close to the lake, shops and restaurants with lovely walks nearby. I would certainly recommend Virginia Cottage to people who want a lovely place to stay with their dogs in Bowness. To Dave and Jane the owners thank you for a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Cottage is a quiet and relaxing guest house situated just two minutes walk from Lake Windermere, where you can catch the many ferry boats around the lake, and the centre of Bowness with its many bars, restaurants and excellent shopping. The cottage has WiFi throughout including the bedrooms. The Beatrix Potter Museum is less than 5 minutes walk away. It is ideally placed for seeing all that the Lake District has to offer and local bus services are 150m away. All rooms are en-suite, some with four poster beds and spa baths, and they include a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities with homemade biscuits, a fridge and hair dryer. Pets and children are welcome by prior arrangement in specified rooms, private parking is available and free leisure facilities can be enjoyed at the Old England Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginia Cottage Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Virginia Cottage Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District