Stayed here for 3 nights location is great very central and within walking distance of several shops, restaurants and pubs. We stayed with our dog and he was made welcome also with a sausage cooked for him each morning for breakfast. The room was fine for our needs (the water pressure in the electric shower could be better but was fine) breakfast was served 8.30 am to 9.15 am which is ok for us as we wake early but can imagine could be a little early for some. David and Mary were perfect hosts and even left sweets and home cooked cakes and chocolates out for all to help themselves to also a bottle of port and brandy is in the lounge to help yourselves to if you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Cottage is a quiet and relaxing guest house situated just two minutes walk from Lake Windermere, where you can catch the many ferry boats around the lake, and the centre of Bowness with its many bars, restaurants and excellent shopping. The cottage has WiFi throughout including the bedrooms. The Beatrix Potter Museum is less than 5 minutes walk away. It is ideally placed for seeing all that the Lake District has to offer and local bus services are 150m away. All rooms are en-suite, some with four poster beds and spa baths, and they include a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities with homemade biscuits, a fridge and hair dryer. Pets and children are welcome by prior arrangement in specified rooms, private parking is available and free leisure facilities can be enjoyed at the Old England Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginia Cottage Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Virginia Cottage Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District