Recently stayed here for a 3 day break with my wife. Owner gave us a warm welcome on arrival offered to carry our luggage etc, brought us a glass of wine each to our room on arrival ( nice gesture) we stayed in room 3 at the back of the hotel ( nice and quiet ) but a very small room on the lines of a bedroom in a caravan. Nice lounge area downstairs for guests to use tea, coffee and biscuits laid out on a table, nice and relaxing after a hard day walking. Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice and always a pleasant welcome from the owners each morning. The owners were very helpful on places to visit and eat in the area.
Thank you for a wonderful warm friendly stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Cottage is a quiet and relaxing guest house situated just two minutes walk from Lake Windermere, where you can catch the many ferry boats around the lake, and the centre of Bowness with its many bars, restaurants and excellent shopping. The cottage has WiFi throughout including the bedrooms. The Beatrix Potter Museum is less than 5 minutes walk away. It is ideally placed for seeing all that the Lake District has to offer and local bus services are 150m away. All rooms are en-suite, some with four poster beds and spa baths, and they include a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities with homemade biscuits, a fridge and hair dryer. Pets and children are welcome by prior arrangement in specified rooms, private parking is available and free leisure facilities can be enjoyed at the Old England Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Virginia Cottage Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Virginia Cottage Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District