We wanted a short break away from home with a little luxury included - rather than another of the usual run of the mill, predictable, disappointing hotel breaks. How glad I am that we settled on a 2 night stay at Linthwaite House! The location is wonderful. Although the weather was awful the views from the terrace across Lake Windermere were still stupendous. The lounge and conservatory are beautifully furnished and our room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. On the first night we dined in the restaurant - at first glance it seemed expensive @ £50 per head, but believe me it was money very well spent. The food was excellent, of a quality I have only found in some of the top hotels in London. I could not fault this hotel or the staff, who were both friendly and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 30-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Wednesday the 1st of November. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District