We first went to the Linthwaite in 1995 and have been many times since, yes there are cheaper places but if you want the best or an exquisite treat then this is the place. The food is fantastic and on a sunny day there is nothing finer than sat on the patio with a beer or glass of wine overlooking the lake.
Some of the comments will say the staff are non UK or Polish, I find the staff now the some of the most highly trained, polite and even witty I have found in the north of England and are trained to an exceptional standard. And on the extremely rare occasion you need to ask for anything the staff are only too willing to help.
Bowness On Windermere is around 5 minute drive to the bottom of the hill and is nice place but can get busy on bank holidays or summer time.
For a special treat there is nothing finer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District