We stayed here for two nights in May 2009. It was just incredible. The hotel is a 100 year old Edwardian country house, and it has been updated without being cheapened at all. The hotel and gardens are beautiful, and the service is sublime. And the food--incredible! It's comfortable and sophisticated without being stuffy. I really felt as if I was visiting a great friend whose only goal in life was to make me as happy as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District