Linthwaite House
Hotels.com
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$350
$149
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
$250
$242
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
1,474 results
All reviewsloft suiteprivate tarnsummer houseafternoon tealake districthot tubfine diningbeautiful hotelcourse dinnerwedding anniversarylog firecountry househigh standardsconeslounge areabirthday treatfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I got married at Linthwaite House Hotel in early June 2014 in a small wedding ceremony with just our parents and two young children as guests. From my first enquiry with Linthwaite's highly efficient wedding coordinator, Kate, to the final preparations for our special day, the whole process has been extremely easy and enjoyable. Kate is very organised and friendly, yet professional. Every small detail was covered, things that I wouldn't have thought of. She is an asset to Linthwaite. The day itself couldn't have gone smoother with the excellent duty manager and courteous staff who made sure that we all had a wonderful day from start to finish. Our wedding breakfast meal was fantastic with tasty and beautifully presented food that we had previously chosen from a menu with many different delicious sounding options.
We stayed for two nights in room 7, the Junior Suite, which had room for our children and this was a lovely spacious and clean room with pretty views across the gardens.
The grounds around the hotel are stunning with views across Lake Windermere and Linthwaite also has its own tarn which made for lovely wedding photographs.
We look forward to returning some time in the future, maybe for a wedding anniversary. Thank you to all at Linthwaite.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Many thanks for that fabulous review and for choosing Linthwaite for your wedding.
We are delighted it all went off as planned.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Very best wishes
Mike Bevans and the whole team

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and since I have stayed in the Georges Cinq Hotel in Paris and the Hay-Adams in Washington DC, that is saying something.

Why do I love this hotel so much? Maybe it’s the well-appointed (including a Nespresso machine!), clean, comfortable and spacious rooms? Well, they are fab, but no, that’s not the reason. How about the superb restaurant with its Michelin acknowledgement and 3 AA rosettes? Well, the food is fresh, delicious, beautifully presented and certainly deserving of its accolades, but no, not my main reason for loving this place. Or maybe it is the fabulous view of Lake Windermere and the Coniston Fells? Well, they are breathtaking, but again, no, that is not my main reason.

My main reasons for loving this place are the friendly people and the exceptional service. The Hay-Adams has a motto – “Nothing overlooked except the White House.” Linthwaite’s motto should be “Nothing overlooked except the Lake and Fells”. The people in this hotel cannot do enough for you. And they do it always with a smile. Not the fake kind of smile whereby as soon as your back is turned they are flipping you the bird, but the kind of smile that says “it’s all a part of the days work and so I don’t really mind”. The chambermaids are polite, courteous and always say “hello” when you pass them in the hall. The waiters are always there, discreetly and helpfully procuring any drink or bit of food you require, at just about any time of day, in any of the public rooms. And the reception staff and managers could not be more accommodating. They helped us sort out day trips, walks, boat rides, videos for my son, a special footbath in which to soak my son’s infected toe, the list goes on. And what I really loved about this place was that I watched the staff make everyone feel special, no matter how young or old. I eavesdropped on a conversation which I will keep private, but it concerned a recently widowed older woman, who obviously was a regular. The warmth and kindness with which the staff treated her was well above and beyond the call of duty. Dare I say it? It was sincere. They have ‘regulars’ at this house, and that, for me, is a key indicator of a good hotel. If it is worth coming back to, it is certainly worth enjoying in the first place. What makes it a great hotel is everything else added on to the fabulous staff and impeccable service. I am aiming to be a ‘regular’, too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Wow, thanks very much for your very kind review. The Hay Adams; it's an amazing place, so it's fantastic to be compared to it.
I agree with you about our staff; they are fantastic. You can have a nice building, great food, beautiful views but a hotel is all about the people who look after the guests.
Luckily we get some very nice guests and yes, a lot have been before many times.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again one day.
All good wishes from us all,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I were at the Hotel for a two night stay for our daughters wedding Sarah & Richard Bowden. Everything was absolutely perfect. Our room (27) was absolutely gorgeous, extremely roomy with a huge bed. The bathroom was sparkling clean. Could not be faulted.
The food was second to none and the Wedding Breakfast was not like anything I have had before, tasty food and superbly presented. The service was also brilliant. All of the staff could not do enough for you. Always pleasant and made you feel very special, nothing was too much trouble. In all a fantastic 2 night stay!!! Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 27, highly recommended.
3  Thank Marie S
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Wonderful; thank you so much for that fabulous review.
Weddings are very important and we only get one go.
It must be right.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again for a a complete rest next time!

Best wishes

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here recently to attend my niece and her husbands wedding
From the moment we arrived the staff were fabulous, nothing was too much trouble
The hotel is set in a amazing grounds which you must explore
The loft suite where the happy couple stayed was perfect
The mother and father of the bride had room 21 which had the most amazing hot tub which gave fabulous views
Food was excellent
The staff set up the wedding venue with military accuracy and we all thank them for all the packing they did for us on the last day.
I expect all the guests will be returning to this hotel at some point in the future
We'll done Linthwaite

Room Tip: Honestly don't think you could find a bad room
2  Thank shayandruth
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

It's great to hear that the father and mother of the bride got the best room in the house (almost). They deserved some pampering after all the stress I'm sure.
Anyway we are delighted you enjoyed your stay:

We're glad you enjoyed the wedding
It was great you all came to stay
Our reputation is spreading
Linthwaite's the place for the big day

Best wishes

Reviewed June 3, 2014

A Group of old school friends and I went here for a catch up over afternoon tea in Winter and it was fabulous. A thoroughly enjoyable day, very relaxing, cosy atmosphere and a very generously portioned afternoon tea. With a great selection of teas, cakes, sandwiches etc. We were all very full afterwards!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Full you will be after afternoon tea.
That's almost poetry.....
Glad you enjoyed it though.

After Linthwaite's afternoon tea
A dinner you won't want to see,
The cakes are delicious,
The sandwiches nutritious
And oh so sated you'll be.