We booked our wedding reception to take place at the Linthwaite
for May 2008. Kate - the wedding co-ordinator was superb, very efficient, listened carfully to what we wanted and worked along side us very well. Booked the hotel for exclusive use for the day of the wedding and the next day. it was great to have the hotel privately with no worries of the general public turning up at any time even to the point of the hotel refusing entry to the public with us only having 5 minutes left on our exclusive usage!.
The staff were excellent and accommodating. One of my guest's had a 6 month old and the staff did everything they could to make their stay enjoyable, my friends really appreciated the staffs kindness and attenion to detail right down to providing a baby monitor.
The food was superb, top marks to the chef it was wonderful. The rooms were spotless ( apart from my room that had been taken over with ribbons and flower petals all courtesy of the bridal party!). the rooms were well presented and had all those extra touches like the high quality "Molton Brown" bath accessories...eat your heart out! oh and and for the men...the flat screen tv's!
The veiws over lake Windermere were fantastic especially from the pine trees at the top of the slope. The private tarn was fantastic to get away for those all important romantic photos. The gardner had promised me a month earlier the garden would be spotless and it was.
All the staff lived up to all expectations and were kind and curteous. It was the wedding reception of our dreams and highly recomended. Even now all our guests still tell us how lovely it was and how relaxing, posh but unstuffy it was. Plenty of brochures were taken for return visits!
The hotel really pampered to all our wants and needs and we felt prviliged to have had their expertise and hotel all to ourselves for a day and night. Thank you Linthwaite. thank you Kate top marks and now I'm gushing.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District