This was our fourth visit to the Linthwaite and was once again a wonderful experience. We always tell the staff how happy we are with our stay but thought that this time we should share our comments.
The hotel is extremely comfortable and welcoming and the grounds are are a delight to wander around, particularly while the snow is on the ground.
The staff are absolute professionals and are a credit to Andrew, the manager. A nice touch is the way the staff address you by your name when they see you around the hotel.
The food is exceptionally good and never fails to impress us.
All in all a great visit to the Lakes and Linthwaite, thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District