Myself and my new husband travelled to Linthwaite on the 14th October, the day after our wedding and stayed in the Luxury Lake View room with a hot tub. We have a baby and didn't want to travel too far but we still wanted a luxurious stay somewhere and we weren't disapointed.
We stayed for 4 nights and from the moment we checked in the service was outstanding. Everyone knew our name and that it was our honeymoon and the staff really couldn't do enough for you. The standard is really high but the atmosphere is in no way stuffy.
The lounge with it's roaring log fires was beautiful and made us feel like we were right at home.
Our room was amazing!! It was a good size, the furnishing was beautiful and the bed was one of the comfyist I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in! The hot tub was out of this world!! Overlooking the beautiful green of the grounds and with a lovely view of the lake and mountains it was the perfect place to spend an afternoon with a bottle of bubbly! The bathroom went down a treat with my other half because of the TV in the bath that had access to sky sports!
We ate at the hotel a few times, on the Sunday that we arrived we had afternoon tea which was delicious and compared to some places in Leeds it was really well priced for the amount that we got.
Breakfast was beautiful, there is a buffet with fruit, yogurt and cerals and then a menu that offers fresh cooked food made to order, all of which was beautiful, especially the full breakfast. There was an endless supply of toast, tea and coffee on offer and if there was something on the menu that you wanted to change the staff bent over backwards to make it happen.
We had lunch a couple of times at the hotel from the less formal terrace menu and again it was delicious, the unstuffy burger was especially amazing!!
We ate dinner on our first and last night and it was out of this world!! I generally don't like fancy a la cart style food but everything that we both ate was amazing! Especially the Doddingtons risotto balls, they were a work of art! All of the ingrediants are local and to the highest quality, it really is worth every penny that you pay for it.
Drinks wise the prices weren't too scary compared to most hotels. For a Smirnoff Vodka and mixer it was around £6 which was far less than the hotel where we held our wedding reception. We were recomended a beautiful Vouvray wine which was £24 for a bottle so again compared to most places it was really good.
Some reviews that I read on here stated that they they thought the hotel was overpriced but when you consider the quality of everything that you get I persoanlly think that value for money wise it's really good. We paid £1500 for 4 nights in a luxury room, we had an amazing breakfast every day and an outstanding couple of dinners included in that price so in my opinion it was worth every penny.
All in all we had an amazing stay and it really was the perfect honeymoon (and coming from someone who loves the travel overseas that says a lot!) The level of service that we recieved had a lot to do with that and we can't thank the wonderful staff enough for making our stay so perfect.
I wouldn't hesistate to recomend Linthwaite House to anyone and we will definately be returning as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 30-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Wednesday the 1st of November. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District