Stayed here a couple of months ago. Yes it is expensive, we did a double upgrade when we arrived because we were a little dissapointed in the basic room. That made all the difference, it was only for 1 night and we loved it, for us it is a location for a special occasion, unless you can afford it on a more frequent basis. The location is gorgeous, food was excellent and would go back without doubt.
The only thing i can fault is that we were told that the staff woiuld move our luggage from the first room to our upgraded room when it was ready, so we could go off and enjoy ourselves. When we arrived at our new room a couple of hours later we found that the door was wide open with all our possessions in there, including my laptop. We told the staff when we went down for our meal, and we got an apology it was human error, but what if any of our possessions i.e. my laptop had gone? I guess that would have then been my problem through no fault of my own.
Putting the human error of someone leaving the door wide open aside, it was special and we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District