A friend told us our group of four American teachers must stay here. She was right. The lovely views, from the terrace and the tarn, the unbelievable solicitous staff, the delicious and elegantly presented cuisine--all combined to make our 3-day stay the highlight of our 7-day Lake District jaunt. I cannot say enough about the food: we were served a light and refreshing lunch, enjoyed wine and cheese as a supper one night. The breakfasts were superb, and the dining room has a wonderful 3 to 5 course selection. My duck was excellent. Adjacent to all the southern and western and eastern areas we wanted to visit, the location is removed from Bowness and peaceful yet quite accessible. Above and beyond expectations are the attitudes of all the employees. If someone in your party has limited mobility, book early to get a ground-floor accommodation. My second floor retreat looked over flowering shrubs and a hill view. Lovely all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 36-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Spring 2018. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District