I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with Linthwaite. We stayed in the room with the hot tub, beautiful, spotless, hotel service excellent.
The chef is also fantastic, on par with some Michelin star restaurants I've been to in the past.
Some people dress up, there's really no need it is quite an informal environment, with very formal and professional staff.
Unfortunately the last night let itself down, and this is my reason for a 4 star rating. The food service was exceptionally slow, with no apology or attention paid to that fact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District