We have been a frequent visitor to Linthwaite House over the year’s choosing this hotel when we have something special to celebrate or if we just want to spoil ourselves. We have just had another delightful two night vacation in the Lakes and on arrival received a very warm welcome from Andy and the whole team who were extremely helpful and pleasant throughout our stay.
We had a well equipped bedroom with its own balcony (33) situated above the kitchen – [although the rooms at the side of the house have much nicer views of the garden and the Lake and we would probably opt for that next time]. That said, the furnishings and fittings were of a high standard, the bathroom is modern with a separate shower and the general comfort of the room is very good. Having explored the local area we returned to the hotel and spent some time in the well manicured gardens and then spent some quality time sat by the Tarn making use of the summer house.
It has to be said that for us one of the most enjoyable aspects to our stay is usually the dining experience which is truly out of this world. We have never experienced a disappointing meal at Linthwaite and if this last stay is a guide then the standard continues to improve.
The menu is well balanced with plenty of choice and there is an extensive wine list to suit any pocket. With a fantastic chef and a superb team of people working to make sure your every need is catered for you are spoilt as each course arrives to your table, always very well presented from the imaginative starters to locally produced food for the main event and tantalising deserts, no good for the diet conscious though!
You leave Linthwaite after an excellent breakfast well rested, well fed and generally well cared for.
Any good critic will present a balanced view but it is difficult to find a negative from our own experience and we would certainly continue to recommend this hotel to family and friends,
We can’t wait until our next visit which we hope will be at the end of spring..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 30-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Wednesday the 1st of November. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District