“Very pleasant restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent a very pleasant evening at the Golden Fortune in early May and took the high number of customers to be a good sign and we were not disappointed. The service was speedy and the staff extremely friendly. While the vegetarian spring rolls were very tasty, the spare ribs were not the best we have eaten but our main meals of spicy prawns and lemon chicken (generous portions too) were thoroughly enjoyable and we will back on our next visit to Bowness-on-Windermere.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I took some customers to the restaurant earlier this week, and they all commented on the quality of the food and the very helpful service. It helped make my business trip a great success. Thanks to Alex and his team

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was actually more 'good' than 'average', but not quite 'very good'.
Service was quick and quite friendly, but the food wasn't fantastic. My wife's lemon chicken was rather tastier than my Kung Po Chicken. Desserts pretty standard but fine in themselves. Yeah, it was quite nice, but a little disappointing as it wasn't especially cheap (even though the early bird option seemed very reasonable at £10.99 for 4 courses (if I recall) although choice was limited.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was busy so we were asked to wait n it took ages to be offered a drink while we waited. Food ordered it came straight away, was average food but the waiters kept getting mixed up who ordered what n gave tables the wrong food? Not sure what went wrong there but no problem we did get ours right. I thought for what we had it was over priced as nothing special inside. Would go back maybe for takeaway

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited last year for a sit-down dinner, which was very good, but this time it was for take away. I would say the quality was good, though not exceptional, and the portions were smaller than we are used to in our home town, for instance soup came in a really small carton, where we are used to large cartons that will easily feed two from our local restaurants, and this seemed a bit stingy considering top prices being charged. Based on overall quality and portion size, I would say it was quite expensive for a takeaway, but then again everything is expensive in the Lakes, so I guess you have to make allowances for tourist pricing. Our food was ready when we arrived to collect, so no problems there, and overall I would still recommend, but be aware of portion sizes and order accordingly.