“A great discovery”
Review of Angel Inn

Angel Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Malvern, UK
“A great discovery”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We had been to one of the four star hotels nearby for a delightful cream tea the previous day and a wanted a last evening dinner to be as memorable.

From the early morning suss-out, when we were warmly welcomed and given thoughtful advice, to the attentive and efficient table service in the restaurant area we can't fault anything.

The menu was well constructed and appealed to our varying tastes (there were four of us) and beautifully cooked and presented, punching above the price tag and expectations.

Compliments to all concerned for a most enjoyable evening.

stevenage
“Pleasant surprise. Really good food.”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My partner and I frequently stay in the area but we haven't tried the Inn before. We took my parents there for a meal and we all really enjoyed the food. Each of us had something different and greatly enjoyed our food (they aren't shy with quantity as well as quality!). Its worth noting that my partner is vegetarian and usually we struggle to find places in Bowness that have more than 1 or 2 vegetarian options but here there were several all of which sounded appealing.

Quality food, good service, really good selection and sensible prices. We will certainly be back :)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Nicholas m
Manchester, England
“Always excellent!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We try to eat here whenever we visit Windermere, it's such a great location, very comfortable and well decorated with different rooms for different moods and the quality of the food and service is always first class.

Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“Great Gardens”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Called for a drink and sat outside in a wonderful beer garden didnt stay for a meal however the restaurant looked amazing and reasonably priced

liverpool
“You decide!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I usually write about what was 'good' and 'not so good'. But this time, I wanted to tell you what exactly happened and then you can make your own opinion.

2 couples with 2 infants went for lunch after a friend had recommended, specifically stating that this pub was 'baby friendly'. We got a table in the restaurant. Half way through our meal, a member of staff came to us and asked my friend to take the baby out of the dining area because the baby was crying. She did not know what to make of it, nevertheless, obliged. When she returned back, we told the member of staff that we were not impressed that she had asked her to take the baby out because she was crying. We asked to speak with the manager. She told us that she was the manager. We told her that her behaviour was rude, unacceptable and asked her whether babies are not allowed in the restaurant area. She told us "most babies do not cry....this is just how we work...I only asked it to be taken out...it was disturbing other people". We were stunned. She had called our child "it", there were other children talking loudly and no one had specifically complained according to her. We asked her what would she do if a disabled child cried and her reply was "this is how we work". She then confidently handed out a card of the owners and told us that if we weren't happy, then we could contact them. We left the drinks and the meal and paid only for the starters. She never once apologised. The member of staff who initially gave us the table, came and apologised to us and said "I am sorry...I don't know what to say". And then the manager came and spoke to him and we heard him say "I had to say sorry to them".

I will leave it to you decide whether this was a discrimination towards children. I hope that the owners read this review and ensure that such incidents never happen.

Visited April 2014