“Excellent - saved our weekend”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and run Hotel, bar and restaurant in the Centre of Bowness on Windermere, the perfect place to stay for your Lake District break, within close walking distance of Lake Windermere and everything the area has to offer.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had to leave the horrendous Hydro Hotel (see my review for more) and booked into the excellent Angel Inn. Great service, great modern rooms, great food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Honest_view2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Amazing food and service, my wife had duck breast and a chocolate delice, I had lamb and black pudding shepherds pie and sticky toffee pudding to follow. All food was presented very well and tasted delicious, my wife compared it to eat food from master chef on tv.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my family ate breakfast here four times during our week stay in Bowness. Full english was delicious, and the american pancakes were a big hit with my daughter! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I'd just like to comment on what a wonderful meal me and my partner had on the 18th of March 2014 after a long walk down from the top of Windermere we were so looking forward to a wholesome meal.

We ordered starters of mussels with cream leaks and bacon that were truly to die for and also A bread basket of fresh home baked breads. Came with little bowl of water to dip hands clean once finished :) little extras like these are great. For our mains we both decided on the steak as we were on a special trip that doesn't come around very often when it arrived we weren't disappointed thick hand cut chips tomatoes mushrooms steak and lovely rocket leaf side and of course a brilliant cooked m/r steak! Everything was perfect.

My steak was a little on the fatty side so I had to leave some of it, but ate the rest and was perfect.

When we'd finished and the lovely waitress collected our plated and asked if the meals where to our satisfaction I said it was beautiful but I left a little steak as it was very fatty. But my partners was perfect.

She came back once taking our plates away to inform us that she was going to knock my steak off the bill as it was very fatty. And I thought this was a lovely gesture as I hadn't intended to get the meal knocked off as it really was beautiful!

There aren't many restaurants now a days that would do that especially at £20 a steak.... But thanks because of this it think you me business should be a big success as your staff aim to please and are very friendly and polite.

Clean lovely restaurant with a relaxing feel to and perfect for a special meal.

We had been before this on a previous trip to Windermere as it was soo good we returned on this occasion and I'm glad to say the next time we return we'll again come here for a fabulous meal :)

Keep up the good work and fantastic food.

100% recommended to anyone

1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always visit this place every time we come to Windermere. Whether for food or drink you can't go wrong. On a rainy day, the logwood open fire and leather sofas are wonderfully relaxing. On a brighter day, the conservatory and outside seating offers fantastic views over the lake and surrounding areas. Love it!