“Superb”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Cuisines: British, Bar, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: The Village Inn is one of Bowness-on-Windermere's most popular bars, situated just seconds from the shores of Lake Windermere and is open daily from 10am until late, serving fresh, locally sourced produce, with homemade pasta dishes and creations from the grill, a speciality. The bar offers a wide range of real ales and an excellent selection of vodkas, beers, brandies, and an extensive wine list with 50 wines from around the globe. In the summer, the Village Inn also launched a new range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, which have proved especially popular, in addition to new outside furniture and heaters. The Village Inn Bar and Grill is in the heart of Bowness-on-Windermere, its busy restaurant and bar make it a great place for locals and tourists a like. Come and see for yourself!
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Everything great about this place......We were a walk in couple and only waited 30 minutes for a table for two...and the place at 6.30pm was already busy. The bar area is very relaxed and casual. Funky table games while we waited ... The best steak I have eaten this year .... and I eat at plenty of good restaraunts in and around Manchester. My other half had Tandoori chicken breast on chiabatta bread and it was succulent and savoury and the presentation and service is clever, different and very efficient and pleasant. The menu is varied but not oversized so what they do they take time to do very well indeed. We will re-visit this eatery when we return to Bowness in the spring. Excellent........

queensheadtroutbeck, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for your great review. I will pass your comments on to the chefs and I know they will be delighted to hear that the steak was the best you've had all year - and with just over a month until the end of the year, we hope to stay in your top spot!

I am glad you enjoyed the games in the bar whilst waiting for your table.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ive tried to be as honest as possible in this review, enjoyed the food and atmosphere, enjoyed my time here until.... My wife and I paid by card as we had no cash, we decided we would pay then go get money and back with a tip. We always make a point of tipping as ive worked in the industry myself, as has my wife. My negative experience came after paying with the card and due to explain we were going to get money for a tip, we were told to [--] by a tall foreign barman, I asked him to repeat himself, so he did, I was disgusted and angry, will never return to this establishment or the town. My advice avoid, unfortunate that there are staff that have no meaning of true service and a manager that tolerates this

queensheadtroutbeck, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We are made up to hear that you enjoyed your meal and were happy with the service.

As you know, we contacted you by phone immediately after receiving a call from you stating that a supervisor used obscene language to you. The scenario was witnessed by several people, who all said quite clearly that the supervisor in question did not say what you thought he said. This was explained to you on the phone at the time.

It is so far out of belief that he, or any other member of staff, would comment to any customer what you thought he said to you, and we tried to explain this to you on 2 occasions. Any reasonably thinking human being would have questioned what they thought they had heard, and been willing to accept after investigation that they had simply misheard. Realistically, there is absolutely no reason for him to make such a remark to you, however, you were unwilling to accept that you had misheard him which I can only put down to arrogance.

However, it is great to hear how much you enjoyed the food.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Thought we give this place a go , we've tried several restaurants in bowness so it was our first visit , really enjoyed it very modern inside ,nice atmosphere , the service was good , the food was tasty would recommend the hanging chicken kebab , my wife had the mussels as a starter and was so full she struggled to eat all of her main course , to sum it up well worth a visit

Thanks for your great comments. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the Village Inn. We look forward to seeing you again for Round 2!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went on a boat trip to Bowness and came across this restaurant we was not sure about eating here but we are all pleased we did.

The service was first class and so was the food when it came. We all had a starter wow plenty of it and tasted fantastic. when the mains came they looked fantastic and tasted as good too.

The only thing wrong was we did not have time to have a desert as the last boat back left a little sooner that we had thought. We was all full but I am sure if we thad the time for another bottle of wine room would of been found. The desert are on display & oh boy if the taste as good as they look. We must go back to sample these.

Dont miss out the food is well worth it.

1  Thank John W

We are delighted that you decided to eat with us on your boat trip to Bowness. All of our food is made fresh on site, including all of the cakes which you saw on display and they're even calorie free (honest...!) We hope to welcome you back soon for some desserts and more wine!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Visited here for a late lunch, lovely atmosphere, nice member of staff who was looking after everyone and doing everything from cocktails, bar service and delivering food. Partner had hanging Beef kebab and I have the fish platter. Food was lovely and we were not disappointed, Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank b-pool-bloke
queensheadtroutbeck, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your meals and the service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.