“Fantastic place to eat”

Hyltons
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant has to be one of the gems of the lake district, we were looking for somewhere to eat and just decided on Hyltons. The service, from the moment you walk inis fantastic, you are not rushed. The food is absolutely superb, this is one restaurant I would recommend to anyone. We had an excellent evening, their menu has something for everyone, fantastic selection, and all exceptionally cooked, presented and served.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a enjoyable meal at Hyltons on our first of 3 nights stay in Bowness on Windermere. It was raining hard and we were looking for somewhere to eat and decided to go in to Hyltons. It was a good choice as the restaurant was very welcoming. The service was excellent and the meal very good. We had a nice bottle of wine with our meal and enjoyed our visit very much

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on Friday, 1st November and were very pleasantly surprised. My boyfriend and I were greeted by friendly, welcoming staff and the restaurant was lovely and cosy inside.

The presentation of the food was excellent and everything was exceptionally clean. The chips that came with my duo of mini burgers (lamb and mint and pork and apple) were some of the tastiest I've eaten in a long time. The burgers and chips came with a side salad and a healthy serving of delicious, home made garlic mayonnaise. I would definitely re-visit this restaurant should we stay in the Lakes again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Passed by chance and went in with my parents on a Friday night. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Plenty of choice on menu, especially on starters. U had the smoked pulled pork which was very good. Dad has the beef casserole and he said it was gorgeous - the beef just fell apart. The brie wedges weren't so good. Mam had then for a smaller option as a main but there were very big and just too much 'cheese'. Drinks reasonably priced and a NZ sauvignon under £15 which was good. Service was very good. Would definately return.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our family meal here very much, all the food was cooked and presented to perfection good value for money
Staff was lovely and they were great with my little girl
Def return on our next visit to the lakes