“Lovely time: great food, great boat, great fun!”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2018 marks 32 years of trading, my 11th season and 6th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must have guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband, my parents and I booked an evening sail n' dine with John. The boat was very nicely kept and we very much enjoyed meeting the other couple on board. It is an intimate space so you get to have great conversation throughout the sail across Lake Windermere and during dinner. John is an excellent cook and entertainer. I was superbly impressed with his ability to time so many different dishes perfectly for the guests whilst still keeping the conversation lively and interesting! He also gave us a lovely history of all things Lake Windermere as well as some very intriguing tidbits about different villages around the area. I would recommend Sail n' Dine to anyone who is travelling to the Lake District. It's well worth the time and money spent for an experience you won't soon forget!

All reviews
"wine and beer"
"local history"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had the pleasure of a short cruise and dinner on John's beautiful boat last week. It was absolutely wonderful! The scenery was spectacular, naturally, and John gave us a delightful insight into local history as we set off around Belle Isle. The large Genoa was set when we reached the main channel and we sailed peacefully northwards; enjoying the view, sipping some delicious wines and chatting with John and our fellow guests, a lovely couple. Before long John anchored us in a sheltered spot near a picturesque Victorian boathouse and then he went to the galley to prepare our fabulous meal - it WAS fabulous too! Four courses all prepared by John, who is not only a great sailor but a brilliant chef. Finished with a fab selection of local cheeses, port and excellent coffee. Beautiful to sit on deck, enjoying the food, wine, conversation and a glorious sunset over the Lakeland Fells. All in perfect peace too - no traffic noise or annoying piped music. John is a perfect host; he gets the conversation going right from the start, puts everyone at ease, is enthusiastic and bright - you'd never guess he's been doing this for seven years! We all felt highly valued and were treated like friends - I can't wait to go again!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Given as a christmas present we weren't sure what to expect but really had a great night. All credit to john as the food was amazing, company great and the sunset capped off an unforgettable night. Would recommend to people in a heartbeat! Andrew & sonya

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Following recommendation from a friend, booked the Sail n Dine as part of our Silver Wedding celebrations. We had a brilliant time. The weather was fantastic, the company on the boat couldn't have been better. John, thank you for a great evening and great food. Will definitely recommend you to friends and family.

1  Thank kev_anders