“Marriage Proposal”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2018 marks 32 years of trading and 6th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must have guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I booked the Sunday Buffet Sailing exclusively for me and my girlfriend. The plan was to propose on the boat.

Well what can I say, it was one of the best experiences of my life, John was fantastic from start to finish. He was very personable, professional and we both felt we were in safe hands.

We both had a go at sailing the boat which was great as we were unsure of how much we would be able to get involved. John was very reassuring and knew his stuff not only about sailing but about the local area and landmarks around the lake.

We then headed back to the Marina where just before the food was served I got down on one knee and popped the question (She said YES). John then poured us some champagne and served us some lovely food. Make sure you try his Mum's homemade plum and apple chutney it is delicious especially with the pate.

The whole is experience is one we will never forgot and we will definitely be booking with John again in the future maybe for our anniversary?

I would recommended John and Sail n Dine to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks John from Alex & Lisa

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my partners surprise birthday treat whilst planning a trip to the Lake District. From the very first communications with John I was impressed by his personable, friendly yet professional manner. Every detail of the activity was perfectly tailored to our needs, John even bought in some locally sourced ale for my partner who doesn't drink wine! We were collected from the door of our b&b and given VIP treatment from start to finish! We really enjoyed socialising with the other 4 guests aboard and John made us all feel welcome and at ease in each others company. The yacht was beautiful, the lake was stunning and the we were very lucky with the weather, bathed in sunshine and a fabulous sunset. The food was amazing, all prepared and freshly cooked aboard by our skipper turned chef, John. John kindly dropped us off in the town so we could party on! I would strongly recommend this trip as it is a really special experience, worth every penny for an unbelievably memorable evening, we hope to do it again in the future. Many thanks John, we really enjoyed our time with you on your yacht, Rebecca and Dan x

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This excursion really met and exceeded all our expectations! Arranging the trip was made easy by our excellent host John, who picked us up on time from our Guest House. After a warm welcome we immediately struck up a fantastic rapport with John before we even set foot on the yacht. The yacht was fantastic and we enjoyed a mixture of sailing and cruising on the lake with John offering up some insightful local knowledge. We even got a shot at sailing the yacht. Well, steering it. Before dinner we enjoyed a drink on deck (when it got cold blankets were produced for the ladies on board) before heading downstairs for a superb meal (and superb wine) which John had freshly prepared for us. We ate in two top restaurants in Bowness prior to this and the food on board Johns's yacht was as good as if not better than our "on land" experience. An extensive cheese board and a bottle of port topped the trip off beautifully. The best way to sum this up was that upon departure I felt like I had enjoyed an evening of sail and dine on a friend's yacht, such was the warmth of John's hosting and the relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely do this again when back in Bowness.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at the Lakeland Village as guest of friends and we wanted to return their treat to us. We booked four places on the evening cruise with Sail and Dine and crossed our fingers that it was going to be ok.

John picked us all up from the Hotel and off we went on our little adventure. It was absolutely brilliant from beginning to end. The boat is impressive, John is a wonderful, entertaining and consummate host, the wine was of a very good quality as was the food which was wonderfully cooked. Not to mention the wonderful scenery and the serenity of the sailing experience.

Our friends were delighted with the experience, which is saying something as 'Jack' is not at all easily impressed being an honorary Yorkshire man!

A truly memorable night and thank you very much John for making it such a quality experience. We have recommended Sail and Dine to many friends and family and we and our friends will certainly be back.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We booked this last August for our wedding anniversary, and it was a most memorable evening.
We were picked up from the Lakeland village and taken to Johns yacht in Bowness. Having met two other couples, and shared a few laughs and jokes, we had drinks and nibbles on deck. As we sailed across Windermere John kept us entertained with a few true but funny tales. We anchored, and went below to have our well cooked and beautifully presented four course meal with more drinks. John is an excellent host and makes you feel at "home" aboard his yacht. It was a warm evening and after our meal we went on deck again and started to sail back . All in all a wonderful evening, which we repeated again in March this year. Thanks John we hope to see you again for another truly magical experience.