“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

If you are visiting Bowness, this is a must. My husband and I booked this for our birthdays. The whole experience was magical. John is the perfect host and has the balance of everything just right. We sailed Saturday evening and had a lesson in sailing before enjoying a beautifully presented three course dinner on board. John does everything he can to make the experience memorable and amazing.

Thanks again we had a fabulous time and will see you for our wedding anniversary!

North Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked the Brunch Sail and Dine as a surprise for my Husband and 12 year old son. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing and one of the most memorable things that we have done. From the minute we were met at the Marina Gate by John he was an incredible host and put us at ease straight away. We joined the sail with another couple and from the minute we boarded the Yacht, with John as the host we quickly felt at ease with the other couple and throughout the trip enjoyed the company, experience and banter between us all. The sailing experience far surpassed any expectation we had, we all had an opportunity to 'have a go' and John was particularly attentive to our son and his numerous questions. The wind was kind to us which gave us a great opportunity to experience something different. Johns local knowledge was incredible and only added to the enjoyment of the trip. The Brunch was equally as enjoyable as the sailing experience. We joined John and the other couple below deck on his beautiful yacht for an amazing lunch, far more than the Brunch as described on the internet. It was prepared and served beautifully by John, with incredible attention to detail, with a range of home made products including Sardine Pate and Apple and Date Chutney, this combined with a glass of Red wine and rounded off with Tea/cafetiere Coffee and Home Made Tea Loaf, only added to the whole experience. We sat below deck and chatted over lunch before taking our drinks on deck and slowly making our way back to the Marina, the whole experience in the region of 3 Hours. This trip was the highlight of our weekend in the lakes and we have all not stopped talking about it since our return. We were that impressed with the experience and John's Boat handling we are thinking of booking another trip to the Lakes later this year and will without doubt book to experience the Sail and Dine evening experience which sounds equally as great. Thanks John for an amazing family experience.

Warwick
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Very lovely experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I decided to book the afternoon trip after I saw that John had all excellent reviews on here. All my expectations were met, John was very warm, welcoming and accommodating. I wouldn't pick sailing as a pass time myself but this was a great experience, it was pretty windy on the lake but it didn't spoil the fun. The food was also great, I was expecting a light buffet but we had a full on meal and there was a whole load of choice for drinks. I'll definitely recommend the trip and I'll love to go on the night trip

Leicester, United Kingdom
“great suprise on our holiday”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

wayne and susan had a fantastic mornings sail with a super lunch.john is a brill host and made the trip very memorable,thank you we would do it again when we return,

Derby, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing evening - A must do.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked the evening sail and dine for 5 people for my partners 30th Birthday as a surprise. John had offered to do us a banner for him for that extra touch which was nice.

John was an amazing host making us feel welcome and at home on his lovely yacht. He even had extra coats for two of our friends who thought they could brave the cold. The rest of us were wrapped up nicely.

My partner got to do a bit of sailing with the guidance of John which was a lovely touch for my partner who loved it.

We got a lovely tour of the lake where John told us information and history of and around the lake which was really interesting. The weather was a little nippy, but the wind made for a nice sail and added to the experience.

John found a nice place to moor up out of the wind where we then had our 4 course meal which was amazing. I had the Cumbrian beef which was cooked to perfection along with all the other main meals. The other courses were lovely especially the desert of chocolate marshmallow mousse with blueberries and cream.

We had such a good time with John that this is a must do when visiting the lakes, it beats going to a restaurant any day. we will definitely be going back in the future.

Thanks John for such an amazing evening and making it special.