“Very lovely experience”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2018 marks 32 years of trading and 6th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must have guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I decided to book the afternoon trip after I saw that John had all excellent reviews on here. All my expectations were met, John was very warm, welcoming and accommodating. I wouldn't pick sailing as a pass time myself but this was a great experience, it was pretty windy on the lake but it didn't spoil the fun. The food was also great, I was expecting a light buffet but we had a full on meal and there was a whole load of choice for drinks. I'll definitely recommend the trip and I'll love to go on the night trip

Reviewed March 22, 2014

wayne and susan had a fantastic mornings sail with a super lunch.john is a brill host and made the trip very memorable,thank you we would do it again when we return,

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked the evening sail and dine for 5 people for my partners 30th Birthday as a surprise. John had offered to do us a banner for him for that extra touch which was nice.

John was an amazing host making us feel welcome and at home on his lovely yacht. He even had extra coats for two of our friends who thought they could brave the cold. The rest of us were wrapped up nicely.

My partner got to do a bit of sailing with the guidance of John which was a lovely touch for my partner who loved it.

We got a lovely tour of the lake where John told us information and history of and around the lake which was really interesting. The weather was a little nippy, but the wind made for a nice sail and added to the experience.

John found a nice place to moor up out of the wind where we then had our 4 course meal which was amazing. I had the Cumbrian beef which was cooked to perfection along with all the other main meals. The other courses were lovely especially the desert of chocolate marshmallow mousse with blueberries and cream.

We had such a good time with John that this is a must do when visiting the lakes, it beats going to a restaurant any day. we will definitely be going back in the future.

Thanks John for such an amazing evening and making it special.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a fab evening out on Windermere with Sail n Dine, John is an excellent host and the food he prepared was fantastic. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Really enjoyable time! John was an excellent host - good fun and informative. The sailing was brill (even with the leaning!!) and lunch was lovely. Can't wait to go back - maybe the evening experience next time!