“Absolutely amazing !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

No words can adequately describe the evening we have just spent with John ! From the moment I emailed Sail n Dine he has gone more than the extra mile managing to fit us in for a superb birthday celebration ! The food (including Mum's green tomato chutney !) and wine were absolutely brilliant - the company and conversation flowed - enough to make you feel envious of someone who is so obviously following their dream and passion ! If you read this and do not book you are missing a wonderful evening ! Thank you so much for such a wonderful evening x

Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I treated myself and my husband for his birthday. From the moment John arrived to collect us at our hotel his hospitality was superb. We enjoyed a wonderful evening on board with two lovely other couples. The food was excellent thanks to Johns cooking. as was his friendliness. He along with the other couples made our evening a truly unforgettable experience. Will definitely be visiting again .

Visited July 2013
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“NOT ENOUGH STARS TO RATE THIS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this for a surprise for my parents 40th Ruby wedding anniversary as I wanted something really special and John made sure it was this and more! From the conversations on the phone (pre-trip) to him going along with the surprise, hiding my parent's best friends on the boat and then running off to meet my parents to surprise them. My parents said it was the best day of their life. The whole experience , the exquisite food, champagne and wine as well as the knowledge of the local area provided by John. This is truly an unforgettable experience and I cannot recommend it enough. Thanks again John x This was the sail and dine brunch during the day that they did.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great birthday present!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife booked this for my birthday and I loved it! I have always fancied the idea of sailing, but never tried it. The whole experience was excellent from start to finish. John was an excellent host, taking the time to explain what we were doing at each stage and really gave a hands on sailing experience. Lunch was great, and John's homemade mackerel pate was excellent, along with his mum's tea loaf! My only issue with the whole day is that it is probably going to cost me a fortune as I enjoyed it so much I have decided to look at taking up sailing as a hobby! Thanks John, very much appreciated!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Simply Great !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the moment you contact John you know that you are in good hands both on and off the water. The sail and dine experience "does exactly what it says on the packet". John arranges every detail, from the pick up in his 4x4, to your safe delivery home. Allowing you to enjoy the ample provision of the great food and drink available.

The sailing element is accompanied by an easy conversation with John and the other guests with an opportunity, if desired, to grab a whinch handle or take the helm. Dinner (at anchor) follows and whilst John whips up some great food in the open galley, conversation flows along with the wine.

It is a wonderful way to spend an evening and john is definitely deserving of his excellent rating.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction