“Blew us away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Blew us away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Looking for something different to do we were recommended the sail n dine experience by the cranleigh hotel. As it was hubbys birthday present I thought it would be a nice thing to try. Contact with john was very very speedy and such a lovely man to talk to. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and explained all of that and that I could only eat certain things and he was so very accommodating. We received texts the day before sailing making sure everything was all good still and arranging times for us to be picked up. Yes that's right within a 5 mile radius john will pick you up and drop you off. We were picked up promptly and were made to feel so comfortable straight away. The maddie too is a lovely boat and I echo the other reviews which say john informs you of so much that unless you were local you wouldn't know. Conversation between ourselves and the other couple and john was free flowing and a lot of that was down to john starting little conversations off.
Onto the food .... Wow tasty so much of it and it was just awesome and all prepared and cooked in front of you ... conversation was again wonderful which matched the quality of the food. After finishing our food and heading back to shore, john dropped us off again and said goodbye with a hug and wished us well with the pregnancy. Would I go again oh yes, would I recommend it for people oh yes. John if you do read this thank you for making our Saturday evening so special and allowing Chris a few moments steering the boat. We wish you all the best and hope to visit to go back out with you again soon.

1 Thank Kelly B

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Idyllic Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My partner and two other family members were lucky enough to experience a wonderful evenings sailing with John earlier this week. The evening surpassed all our expectations. John provided us with a knowledgable insight of the lake and some of its inhabitants. This extended not only to home owners, but otters that can be seen in and around the shores! The quality of the food John cooked whilst entertaining was excellent, abundant, and was accompanied by numerous glasses of wine/beer of our choice. Our party all chose fillet steak. It was beautifully tender. Considering the bijou size of kitchen, this was no mean feat! John was a wonderful host and chef, and our group couldn't recommend this experience highly enough to those visiting The Lakes.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A wonderful evening in the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great evening spent . There were 4 of us and one other couple from Gloucester. John was the perfect host. The yacht was in first class condition and his catering both in variety and quality was first class. To see the sun set on the fells whilst eating wonderful food and unlimited wine could not be better . For a perfect evening would recommend this and will certainly do it again.

1 Thank MJButton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just back from a great adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a fantastic evening on board a beautiful boat and despite a little rain a truly awesome experience, with a captain who is as passionate about sailing as he is about the delicious food he cooks. We arrived back to shore a little tipsy, full of great food with a big smile.

Visited May 2013
Cumbria
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A brilliant dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been on Sail'n'Dine a number of times and it never fails to impress. The boat is immaculate, the food and wine first class - all freshly prepared and served by the Captain John. Enjoy a sail on Windermere while John will fills you in on all the local history and then anchor up and enjoy pre dinner drinks on deck before going down below for your meal - 4 courses + coffee and as much wine as you can drink - then enjoy a leisurely sail back to the marina. John is the perfect host and the whole experience is well worth every penny. Do book in advance though as it gets booked up pretty quickly.

Visited May 2013