“A magical experience!”
Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you're looking for something other than a meal in a stuffy restaurant, this is something not to be missed. Sail 'n' Dine is a unique experience and an amazing way to spend an evening.

John was a great host, chef and tour guide. Nibbles and wine on deck with our fellow guests (strangers but very friendly), a quick sail to a quiet spot where we dropped anchor, and then a delicious four course meal which was prepared and served effortlessly.The wine (red and white) flowed freely as did the conversation. All this for such an amazing price too.

If you get the chance to try Sail 'n' Dine, then go for it, you won't be sorry.

Many thanks John, hopefully we'll see you again for another fabulous evening under the stars on Lake Windermere.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked an evening dinner cruise to celebrate our silver wedding annoversary with friends, having been on Sail n Dine twice before when it was owned by John #1 and Judie. We'd had a fantastic time on the previous sails so wondered if John #2, current owner, could live up to it - and he did! He picked us up from two different locations and we set sail from Bowness Marina. There were no niblles on deck, sadly because of the terrible weather, and we sat under huge umbrellas provided by John as we motored and sailed to Millerground. The meal was superb with one of the best beef fillets I've ever eaten, four courses plus coffee and mints, and as much wine as you can drink. I would definitely go back - just praying for a fine evening this time.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Even though it was horrendous weather, we were soon underway on a fabulously windy Brunch Sail. Organised, efficient, knowledgeable & great cook, John was great tutor. Really enjoy it!

Carl & Babs

1  Thank Babs S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife booked this as a surprise for my birthday. I had an excellent evening with plenty to eat and drink. The quality of food exceeded many restaurants we have visited. It was a romantic evening with the Sun gradually going down behind the Langdales. I was given the opportunity to sail the yacht across the lake to our secluded bay. Thanks to John, our host for a wonderful evening.

2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Booked this directly with John via a few emails and texts....A surprise for my wife in celebration of our Anniversary. A well kept secret and we were not dissapointed. A local pick up from our hotel with a 2 min drive to the beautiful "Maddie 2".
Motored out of the marina and then under sail for a fantastic cruise across the lake to where we dropped anchor for about an hour enjoying fantastic cheese and wine and a bottle of champagne (pre arranged) with another couple (and John between doing the dishes and topping us up with no limit to what we ate or drunk).
A wonderful trip back to the marina with me taking the helm for a wee while too!!
All in all a very nice evening with my wife and John as our fantastic host. Dont hesitate to book in advance as this will only become more popular with time.........Thanks John. See you In Scotland one day maybe.

3  Thank JON L