“Beresfords dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Windermere UK
“Beresfords dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was astonished to read the article dated April 21st by the "hen party"...I was in the restaurant that evening & the party were incredibly drunk when they turned up, they had obviously spent the whole day in various Pubs & bars, thats fine if thats what you want to do, but to them go out to an intimate restaurant & carry on as if you were in a loud nightclub is unacceptable, I actually thought the staff acted with politeness & didnity which certainly cant be said of the hen party !! With regard to our meal, I had the Steak, which was well cooked & well presented & although a litt;le expensive, it was worth it, I asked for a salad of lettuce cuecumber & tomatoes which wasnt on the menu & it was provided exactly as requested.

Please do not be put off by the review I have mentioned, it was patently obvious that no matter what the staff did, they wpould not have been happy......I note they were from Blackpool, I would suggest that their behaviour and attitude would have more suited their home town.....with apolagies to some excellent places in that resort !!

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“sunday dinner”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

the service, quality of food excellent after you have had your meal their is a very nice little bar downstairs to use.

Visited April 2014
Stokenchurch, United Kingdom
“Do not eat anywhere else”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The food is excellent the service is good and the value for money is unbeatable when you do the early eating deal.
I can't praise this place any more,if I'd had found it earlier on my visit I would have eaten here every night..

Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ignorant staff, would not reccomend”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had a table booked here to end our day in the Lakes, pre ordered all of our food and settled the price and deposit via email beforehand. When we arrived, a very rude waitress came to our table to check our orders, then told us the price we had been told was wrong. We were made to feel this was our fault, and no apology was given. The restaurant weren't willing to come to an agreement to try to sort the situation, instead it felt like they wanted us to leave.
Eventually the equally as rude chef came out to try to make a deal with us, by this point we didn't want to stay thanks to the very unprofessional waitress we had originally been 'greeted' by.
Overall, the food looked really nice and we were really looking forward to eating here, however thanks to the very arrogant staff that work here we were put off immidiately.
(They also had no problem in charging AND KEEPING a £25 deposit - perhaps they should put this towards some training in customer service...?)

1 Thank heather841
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible customer service! Avoid!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked a table here for my sister's hen do. We pre-ordered from the early bird meal offer, paid a deposit and when we got there they were trying to charge us full price for each of the meals - claiming we hadn't ordered from the meal deal menu. The woman working there (don't know whether she's a waitress or the manager) was so rude. Her attitude was very unprofessional and rude. Just because of her foul attitude we decided to leave and go to a Chinese down the road (which was lovely). We were a party of 11 so they lost out on a lot of money by talking to us the way they did! I only got half of my deposit back too. I don't normally write reviews on trip advisor but felt like I needed to leave one for Beresford to warn people not to go! Please avoid unless you like being spoken to like a piece of rubbish!

1 Thank StefG1983_13