“I had a fantastic mink fish dish”

Beresford's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“I had a fantastic mink fish dish”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I went to this restaurant for a lunch on my own during my recent trip to the lake district. I ordered a 2 course meal which cost less than GBP10. For a main dish, I ordered "fish of the day", which was monk fish on that particular day, and it was fantastic; 4 pieces very well cooked with cream source accompanied with vegetables. Presentation was simple and unpretentious, and taste very good. I wondered whether they can actually make a profit serving dishes like that at a very reasonable price I paid. I don't know about other cuisines they serve (simply because I did not try others), but their seafood dishes were an amazing value for money! Also, you can try a local brand of beer called Bluebird Bitter there, which I also liked. I highly recommend visitors to the area to have a try at thi restaurant.

Liverpool, England
“Cosy little place”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Not long opened but such a lovely little bar downstairs with lovely seating areas and massive TV. Manager is very friendly and welcoming.

Visited November 2011
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

An excellent restaurant with friendly, helpful staff. Excellent food with good variety on the menu. If I lived close by I would be a regular!

• Visited October 2011
“Excelent experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Me and my husband went to beresfords for a meal, we were sat on a gorgous table by the window and it was fairly busy. However we were not short on getting assistance as we were served very well. The staff we friendly and created a friendly atmosphere, the food was very much up there with the service. We will deffanitly be visiting this restaurant again. Wonderful!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, excellent service”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a fantastic time at Beresford's.....the food was first rate and the service couldn't
have been more friendly or polite. Well done Beresford's.

• Visited September 2011