“I felt so awful during the visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Pump House

The Old Pump House
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old Pump House is a small well established coffee shop, we specialise in good coffee, fantastic home made cakes, sandwiches etc. We also have fresh fruit frozen yoghurts, icecream, icecream milkshakes,smoothies and lots lots more. Come and see for yourself.
Preston, United Kingdom
“I felt so awful during the visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I felt so awful. Me and my brother went to that cafe and ordered a pot of tea and asked for extra cup, but women stated that I can only take one cup if I am buying one pot of tea...so we bought one.
Then I asked if I can pay by card, and women said “no! Cash only...why do you need to pay with card for pot of tea ...it’s only (£1.60)..." what is worse her colleague giggled. I said it’s just the way I used to pay for everything these days. Afterwards, we paid with our last cash. She gave me tray with tea and milk and didn’t even look at my eyes...seriously worst service I ever had. We wanted to enjoy our tea, but instead it ruined the whole tea drinking experience...

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Paola K

• Polish first
Birmingham
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Very rude staff, went in for tea and asked for another spare cup... The woman behind the counter stated that only one cup per person and this is how we drink tea in England. ( myself a British born Asian) tip for you don't use the toilet as it will offend them!!!! We just paying customers .... Avoid......

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Suki_uk_Suki
Npton
“Awful customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We popped in here for lunch with my 17 month old daughter (and pushchair) and her grandparents. The cafe had no highchairs and behind us (in a separate group) was a family with an elderly lady in a wheelchair. A staff member huffily said "we don't have space for highchairs and wheelchairs" at which we all left, offended! There was one table with a family, including a young child (although presumably they had brought their own high chai). The attitude of the staff was unhelpful and awful to the lady in the wheelchair (fair enough that pushchairs aren't ideal in a small cafe). Very disappointed - we went on to have a lovely lunch in the nearby pub on the lake.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MissLNpton
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“The best :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Pump House is a wonderfull little cafe. It's small and it can be hard to find a seat, but aside from that, the food is good and the staff are pleasant.

• Visited October 2012
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“5 Stars !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been a regular customer for the past 2 years and I can only applaud the for the excellent service, great food and the great ambience. I feel exceptionally proud to call this my second home to the extent that the staff treats all customers, regulars and first timers as part of the family.
The coffee and food is always well prepared.

• Visited June 2012