“Best Indian in bowness”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Love this Indian never lets us down! Great little place in a lovely town. Will always come back, food is full of flavour and will accommodate any slight change to a meal. Staff are friendly.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Shown to a waiting area facing a dirty table with food all over the floor, obviously not cleared for some time. The staff were arguing with a group of Japanese over a bill.
Needless to say we left.
Unable to comment on the food and service as noting how dirty the place was we didn't stay.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This restaurant had a good menu outside on display and the downstairs was full so we ventured in. The layout is very cramped downstairs and there were people mingling around near where others were eating which is off putting. We sat upstairs which was a bigger area and had popadoms, starters and a main curry. The food was nice but I have had better indian meals, somehow the curry seemed to lack real flavour. The portions were adequate. The one irritating thing was when I asked for a jug of water (our local indian brings this free to the table) On veiwing the bill the water (in an old fashioned bottle with spring top) was charged at £3.55 (thought this was a rip off as no doubt it was tap water that had been put in the fridge to chill) I would not go back to this restaurant again as there are others which I think would be far better.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We happened upon this place after leaving the place we'd booked as it wasn't up to much. It was a Sat night but we touched lucky and we were seated straight away.
This is where I struggle with other reviewers saying they were rushed and the service was poor.

We ordered drinks and asked if we could have a bit before we ordered - no problem.
I asked about one of the dishes and the waiter went to great pains to explain and said he could alter to taste.

Starters came and again we asked for a break - no problem and before our mains were delivered we had quite a lengthy break.

The restaurant was by now very full but at no point did we feel rushed. They even got me a bobble for my hair so I could put it up!!
The food we ate was delicious and very fresh, with no food colouring in sight and my husband had the tikka masala.
I would definitely eat here again and highly recommend it for good food, service and value

Reviewed July 14, 2014

lovely fresh food and great service, the samosas were very spicy but tasty and the naga chicken was lovely.