“Very tasty Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spent a few days up at the Lakes this week and called in one night at this Indian.
Very impressed with the food, and the nice friendly atmosphere.
I had Onion Bhaji's for starter as did my other half and i must say they were the best i have ever probably tasted. For my main i had the Chicken Tikka Saag which was lovely.
The service was great, and the ambiance was very chilled out.
The only reason i haven't given this 5 stars is because it is a little expensive, but i suppose its no surprise with it being in a lovely little village like Bowness.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The best Indian we have eaten at in the UK. Food is authentic and excellent. Staff extremely friendly and the whole experience first class.

1  Thank AlastairL_12
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My partner and I love a good curry and this place did not disappoint at all!! Highly recommended to anyone staying near Lake Windermere!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a cold Easter night, we visited Mela,it was packed.luckily I had booked and we were given a table near the door after waiting a short while.It was worth the wait.the food was spiced with out the searing heat and you could taste the ingredints.It was the best Indian meal we have had,my husband love it and he dose not like Indian food.
The only negative point was that it was so busy and we were jostled as the other customers went passed

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff are helpful and the food is fine but the restaurant is so small you have the feeling you have to rush to let them have the table for another group.