“Well worth a visit!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Although its a very small restaurant it takes nothing away from the quality of the food! We have dined here on each visit to Bowness (5 times per year) and can say we have never been disappointed.
With friendly, accommodating staff and a great menu it's a must if you are a curry lover visiting Bowness!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ate here on 9/2/13 the staff are very friendly and polite.The meal was lovely the best onion bhaji i've ever had really worth a visit, lots of choice and set meal deal too. a must when in bowness.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I ate at Mela's last night (11.02.2013), which was recommended to us by the concierge at the hotel where we were staying. I, in particular am a very fussy eater plus a vegetarian. There was lots of choice for both veggies and meat eaters.

I don't usually feel compelled to write a review but thought this restaurant was worth a mention. Whilst there was lots of choice on the menu for me, I asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they cooked it for me especially (paneer tikka massala) It was delicious and the best curry I've had in a long time. It is a 'no frills' restaurant, so no table cloths and very plain to look at but both my husband and I had a very delicious meal.

It is quite a small restaurant and they have used the space well.

It was not overpriced either - bonus!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

A lovely place to eat. Excellent choice on the menu, the food was very good as was the service. Well worth a vist.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Very good quality food at a very good price

Nice pleasant staff who were very attentive

Drinks a little pricey bit not stupid

Well worth a visit