“Good value set menu but place dirty.”
Review of The Royal Tea Garden - CLOSED

The Royal Tea Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good value set menu but place dirty.”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This was a total shot in the dark as the set menu looked superb. The starters where nice, no problem. I ordered the Thai green curry which said medium hot. Now, I can eat spicy food but this was just unbearable. I picked out all the chicken and left the sauce. The place needs a thorough clean and the toilets are disgusting which is ironic as there was a bottle of toilet cleaner on the window sill next to our table!! Shame as the food was ok but the cleanliness means we will not return.

• Visited March 2014

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Poor food ”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate here recently whilst in Bowness. The quality of the food was poor and the service wasn't the best. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone visiting the town. The nearby tapas restaurant is far better.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, But..”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

When me and my husband go away we always try and find a Chinese. I read the reviews and didn't know what to expect, but wanted to try it. We arrived and the staff were lovely. We were seated next to a windows that had a lot of tape on it, but being old fashioned windows probably alot of work to replace. We looked through.the menu and ordered. The meals came in good time and we weren't disappointed. Unfortunately during the meal I needed the toilet and what a shock. It was filthy and bin overflowing with allsorts. Thankfully I always have hand gel with me. I told the staff who nodded at me. Half hour later another girl (diner)came down with the same tale about the toilet, to her partner what I had told my husband. So obviously it wasn't cleaned up. The restaurant was in need of a facelift. But the food was gorgeous and staff lovely. And my stomach lived to tell the tale. So yes please give it a go. As we will be going back.

“Very nice food however,Appalling service,overpriced drinks,lacking in hygiene, like filthy carpets & toilets.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food was acceptable and had obviously been freshly prepared or at least as fresh as Chinese gets however, the staff were poorly presented totally unprofessional and had no manners in fact they were quite obnoxiously rude, our meals turned up at different time intervals I had to request a fork to eat with (comically no knives were even on the table) no member of staff took the time to even ask if the meals were satisfactory ! Luckily the food was acceptable but due to the general lack cleanliness and the dreadful service we received I strongly recommend you AVOID it like the plague…

• Visited August 2013
“WHAT A LITTLE GEM .:-)”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We came for a meal on sat18 may .
It was outstanding food, my friend loves chinese food and she said it was the best she'de ever eaten
and it was .
The sevice was quick and the staff very friendy and helpful ...we will be coming back when we next come to the lakes THANK YOU ...

• Visited May 2013