“Lovely Food, But..” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, But..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

When me and my husband go away we always try and find a Chinese. I read the reviews and didn't know what to expect, but wanted to try it. We arrived and the staff were lovely. We were seated next to a windows that had a lot of tape on it, but being old fashioned windows probably alot of work to replace. We looked through.the menu and ordered. The meals came in good time and we weren't disappointed. Unfortunately during the meal I needed the toilet and what a shock. It was filthy and bin overflowing with allsorts. Thankfully I always have hand gel with me. I told the staff who nodded at me. Half hour later another girl (diner)came down with the same tale about the toilet, to her partner what I had told my husband. So obviously it wasn't cleaned up. The restaurant was in need of a facelift. But the food was gorgeous and staff lovely. And my stomach lived to tell the tale. So yes please give it a go. As we will be going back.

“Very nice food however,Appalling service,overpriced drinks,lacking in hygiene, like filthy carpets & toilets.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food was acceptable and had obviously been freshly prepared or at least as fresh as Chinese gets however, the staff were poorly presented totally unprofessional and had no manners in fact they were quite obnoxiously rude, our meals turned up at different time intervals I had to request a fork to eat with (comically no knives were even on the table) no member of staff took the time to even ask if the meals were satisfactory ! Luckily the food was acceptable but due to the general lack cleanliness and the dreadful service we received I strongly recommend you AVOID it like the plague…

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“WHAT A LITTLE GEM .:-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We came for a meal on sat18 may .
It was outstanding food, my friend loves chinese food and she said it was the best she'de ever eaten
and it was .
The sevice was quick and the staff very friendy and helpful ...we will be coming back when we next come to the lakes THANK YOU ...

• Visited May 2013
Hertfordshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have just returned from the Lakes and we visited this restaurant twice and were impressed on both visits. The food was served on hot plates and was well cooked and very tasty one of the nicest. Value was just right we had 3 main dishes 1 rice, 1 noodles and a bottle of wine £52.00. The staff were very friendly attentive but not over the top. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, it is deceiving from outside it looks small but there is a large upstairs area as well.

• Visited April 2013
england
“Food ok but not the plastic decorations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is now called You and me. Despite the poor reviews , we decided to give this place a try.

The waitress was friendly and seated quickly as it was quiet. Quick turnaround with ordering + serving.

I ordered egg fried rice with tofu. Food was good and abundant for the price paid ( £9) .

The decor was a let down. Place was covered in tacky plastic floral decorations. Did spot leftover Christmas decorations.

• 2 of 5 bubbles