“Good Food, Friendly Staff”
Review of The Royal Tea Garden - CLOSED

The Royal Tea Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have just returned from the Lakes and we visited this restaurant twice and were impressed on both visits. The food was served on hot plates and was well cooked and very tasty one of the nicest. Value was just right we had 3 main dishes 1 rice, 1 noodles and a bottle of wine £52.00. The staff were very friendly attentive but not over the top. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, it is deceiving from outside it looks small but there is a large upstairs area as well.

There are newer reviews for The Royal Tea Garden

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is now called You and me. Despite the poor reviews , we decided to give this place a try.

The waitress was friendly and seated quickly as it was quiet. Quick turnaround with ordering + serving.

I ordered egg fried rice with tofu. Food was good and abundant for the price paid ( £9) .

The decor was a let down. Place was covered in tacky plastic floral decorations. Did spot leftover Christmas decorations.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Read other reviews and can't think it's the same place. It was very busy with people being turned away. Food was served quickly. Set menu good value, friendly if rushed staff.
Don't rely on old reviews, this place is a small, friendly, good value for money place to eat. OK not for that special occasion but for a Friday night out, good enough.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We came here tonight for a new years eve meal. All I can say is please do not come here.

My Wife and I ordered a vegetarian meal and it was terrible. We love our food and going to different restaurants to taste and enjoy what is provided but we were robbed. It was so bad my wife didnt even touch her sweet and sour tofu and only used the sauce as a dip for her chips. Another shock to me was that my wife hardly ever adds salt to her food, but, tonight she doused her food with it to get some flavour and even then she struggled

The staff service was extremely cold. We were not asked how we felt or if we were happy with the food at the beginning, ending or when we left.

As we were leave we saw the kitchen, IF ONLY WE HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE WE WERE SEATED... we would never have eaten here.

The best thing we were given was the after eight chocolate as we left.

We would really advise that you dont attend here for a happy meal.

I hope the staff here have a change of service in 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ignore review food was nice . Lots of people in but was very quiet