“Simply avoid this restaurant!!!!”
Review of The Royal Tea Garden - CLOSED

The Royal Tea Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family are over from Ireland and my Nieces really wanted a chinese meal. We decided to visit this restaurant and what a huge disapointment. The food was inedible, covered in slime and we left most of it. The staff lacked any interest in their job, never questioned why food was left, just gave us the bill without a care in the world. This is without doubt the worst restaurant I have ever visited in my life and would not recomend this to anyone.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice food but scruffy place with grumpy staff wearing jeans

Reviewed February 26, 2012

best chinese in lovely building.i had ribs and sweet and sour beef.my friend had soup and chowmain realy realy delicious.we will come back again

1  Thank williamwill
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Reading some previous reviews I cannot help that they are talking about the previous ownership. The current owners and people who work in this restaurant are very nice, highly attentive and provide very good food and we're comparing this with top Chinese restaurants in Australia where only the best will do. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good Chinese meal and a cosy atmosphere unlike the the 1970's style Chinese place down the road.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed August 14, 2011

One of the worst meals ever, cold plates, cold staff and mediocre food at best. On the way to the dirty toilets I had to use the greasy banister. Will never eat there again.

1  Thank CliffCrabtree