“Rastelli's Pizzeria, Bowness”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Rastelli's Pizzeria, Bowness”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent food, very pleasant service, handy location, nice clean and authentic interior, good atmosphere.

The pizzas are made as you watch, with the oven in the main restaurant area. Very tasty pizza and the chips are divine. I also had a mixed salad which was ok but a little soggy. the rocket and parmesan salad is ok too.

Food quality and service standards are high but places for improvement are these:

When someone is ready to pay, let them pay; when it came to paying time all service personnel seemed to be busy elsewhere for a good 15 minutes. Service time could be improved in general.

Salads could be improved, though it was ok, a salad wet through is no-ones first choice.

Those points aside, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and will return when I'm back in Bowness. I love a decent pizzeria. And seriously, the chips are unreal.

Recommended.

Llanfairfechan, United Kingdom
“Stone baked pizza”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

You can never go wrong with an Italian meal and this restaurant didn't disappoint.
They do special 'early diner' offers if you eat there before 6:30.
We were welcomed into the restaurant and shown to a seat - we hadn't booked but this didn't seem to be a problem. We had looked at the menu on the board outside so knew what we wanted so ordered it along with our drinks.
You can see the pizzas being made in the main restaurant area and placed in the big oven for that authentic stone baked finish. The result was a truly moorish pizza.
We didn't have space for starters or a dessert - but they all sounded lovely.
The waiting staff seemed a little rushed off their feet despite not being overly busy but this didn't detract from the service.
The atmosphere is really quite nice in the restaurant and we enjoyed our dining experience.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Bizarre restaurant”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We popped in for a quick pizza and were shown to our table for two. It seems that all the small tables are arranged around the edge of the room and mostly at an oblique angle. This creates the extremely odd situation of all the couples sitting around the edge if the room looking at the bigger tables in the middle. It might just have been this evening but it felt quite strange particularly as all the tables in the middle were empty.

Next the music. Awful awful awful stereotypical Italian operetta type music made me want to scream. So so bad. And so ill-advised - has anyone ever paid a complement relating to this?

Next the decor? Again some kind of Italian pastiche - terra-cotta floor tiles, red and green walls and plastic vines everywhere. In combination with the above it really makes the place feel cheaper than it needs to be.

If you've managed to successfully ignore the above and order some food - you'll be fine. But just fine. Pizza bases cooked from chilled (I saw them come out of their cling film) not a great start. Once cooked I found the pizza a little anaemic with no nicely bubbled mozzarella on the top. The flavour was adequate but nothing special. And the pizza size was also average.

Redeeming features? The staff were pleasant.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Pizza on the Hill”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Called into Rastellis for a pizza before going home. We were glad we did. Garlic bread was tasty and my Pepperoni Pizza was excellent. June had Calzone & really enjoyed it. The staff were very attentive drinks appeared very quickly the boss was very hands on all in all I would definatly eat. here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank neilwatson54
Wirral
“Beware the garlic bread (it's delicious)”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Made the mistake of ordering garlic bread to eat before the starter (I was hungry). It was the size of a pizza! The food was delicious, I had Spaghetti Bolognese for my main course, my wife had cannelloni with a side salad plus a bottle of wine shared. Very nice meal but again, beware the size of the garlic bread!

Visited May 2013