“Excellent food”

Jackson's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We have visited the Lake District on many occasions. Each time we visit we eat at Jacksons Bistro. The food is delicious, the service is excellent and is very good value for money

There are newer reviews for Jackson's Bistro

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fabulous food and drink. Called in at lunchtime for coffee and a snack.....the sandwich was a banquet in itself. Went back in the evening and the service and food were excellent. I have to say you won't have to want to "eat on the cheap" but you do get value for money

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and myself have eaten several times over a couple of years in this restaurant. The latest was 7th May 2014. The service is better than many a top class hotel. The manager Andrew runs a very tight ship, the menu is excellent and the food is cooked to perfection. My husband says it is the nicest fillet steak he has ever had "hats off to the chief."
My chicken and salmon duo in tarragon sauce with a hint of orange was to die for. The portions are just perfect and as I said earlier the service of the staff was great. When we visit Bowness on Windermere again Jackson's Bistro will be our first port of call and I will be telling and recommending it to everyone that I hear of that is going to the Lake District.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great food, good staff, great service, reasonable prices, but let down by having too many tables crammed in for the size of the place. Take a couple of them out to allow a bit of breathing space and it would be perfect.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

There are so many places to eat in Bowness on Windermere and you could quite easily miss this great little bistro. We walked in at around 6.30pm we were the only people in the restaurant, but then as time went on it started filling up. I have to say this is was the nicest food we had through out our stay in Bowness. I had a fillet steak with diane sauce and bucket of chips, my partner had the chefs special a T-bone steak with a bucket of chips. The steak was gorgeous! We both then had the homemade chocolate brownie which was delicious! The atmosphere was fantastic, very romantic and great choice in music. They had a wide selection of drinks, and the staff were great. The only thing which we both commented on was the 'bucket of chips', it's not quite the bucket you'd expect but just a handful. I had to give my partner some of my chips. Other than that I would highly recommend and we be return when we next visit.

1  Thank Debz269