“Give this one a miss!”

Jackson's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Poor service. We had to send the food back because the fish was not cooked through. Then they overcharged us on the bill!
Not a restaurant we will return too

3  Thank Doug B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my fiance in March 2013. The restaurant is in great location close to all bars and lake.
The atmosphere is also nice, we sat upstairs but I would have preferred to been asked where I wanted to sit as I would of chose the seating area below.
The food was nice we ordered from the special which was 2 meals for £12.95. The menu had a good choice for different tastes.
The drinks however were quite pricey.
Food was nice.
If I was to visit Windermere again I would like to choose another restaurant to dine in.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a great meal on our recent stay near. A very warm welcome on a cold evening a good choice of tasty dishes, helpful staff.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is our second visit to Jackson's and we were equally delighted second time around. The service is impeccable, food delicious and it has a really cosy but stylish without being pretentious feel to it. For main course I had the mussels from the specials board and hubby had steak, two courses with a drink each came to a reasonable £50 and they do have a set 3 course menu for £16.95 if you want a cheaper option. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We loved Jacksons, every course was amazing and the staff were so helpful and friendly. A must when in Bowness!