We had originally booked to go to the Langdale view in February, however unfortunately I took ill and could not make our scheduled booking. Ann-Mary from the Langdale was so understanding and moved our dates forward without hesitation or charge, which she certainly did not have to do. We were so appreciative of this, as that sort of service is rare and we had not even stayed with them yet.
We finally arrived as re-arranged to be greeted with a smile, cup of well deserved tea and cake, freshly baked that day, which was lovely.
The room was lovely, very clean and finished in a smart and contemporary style. The bed is most probably the comfiest bed we have ever slept in. We stayed in the ‘Kentmere’ suite and would definitely choose this suite again, Views over the quaint garden down the lane to the main road and modern en-suite facilities made for a truly enjoyable stay.
The breakfast was second to none with a wide choice available accompanied by tea, toast and an assortment of bought and home made marmalades and jams. We were spoilt for choice.
The location we felt was great, as just a small walk past the private gate took you to the main road and only a stroll away from the shops and bars that bowness have to offer. In terms of our overall stay, be it only two days, which was just not long enough, it was one of the best times we have ever had in the lakes made even better by the Langdale View, who I understand have just one an award for the friendliest guest House in the Lakes, which we can totally understand.
Many thanks to both Ann-Mary and Paul again, your hospitality was second to none and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Paul & Katie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Langdale View a 4 star silver guest house with its own private car park and garden. We are only a few minutes from the centre of Bowness and 500m from the shores of Lake Windermere. There are 5 en-suite rooms, 2 double 1 king size, 1 super king/twin all individually furnished and decorated to a high standard. Our services include free wifi and free use of the gym, spa and pool at the McDonald Hotel 'The Old England' 5 mins walking in Bowness centre. We are ideally situated for exploring the Lake District by car, on foot or public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Langdale View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdale View Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Langdale View Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District