“Great "home cooking"”

0Fat Olives Brasserie
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual cafe restaurant open from 12 noon for lunches life bites and our full al a carte menu a lake district cafe restaurant
London
“Great "home cooking"”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My partner and I had a great meal here during a stay over the May long weekend. Staff were friendly and attentive and we were seated in a quiet part of the restaurant near the windows. The food was very good, my partner described it as fancy "home cooking", though the chips were a little under cooked. Prices were reasonable and we left full and very satisfied.

• Visited May 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Would recommend”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited here in april half term after looking at trip advisor reviews.
The food was lovely and good value too compared to other restaurants in Bowness, especially if you go before 7 and their childrens menu was good too. Ours especially enjoyed the moules and chips! In view of this, we ended up there for tea twice.
Would def recommend.

• Visited April 2013
“If carlsberg did brasseries...”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked here as part of a movie & meal deal at the old cinema across the road. The deal we got was great value for money.
It was our wedding anniversary and we were delighted with every aspect of it.
My husband ordered meatballs & pasta with homemade chips, he thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the chicken & bacon salad which was delicious. Portion sizes are generous & we didn't feel rushed in anyway.
All in all we were very impressed and will definitely return on our next visit.
It was a high quality meal for a budget price, and that is something you don't often find these days, especially in a holiday destination like Windermere!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice and affordable”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had pate for starter - AMAZING
Mains: grilled goat cheese salad for my wife and i had 7oz rump steak.
All in all very good, atmosphere good.

• Visited May 2013
Elgin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“most disappointing meal of my holiday”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

walked past this restaurant several times on holiday and I liked the look of it although it never seemed to be busy. decided to give it a try because of the reviews I'd read. I had the chilli beef pasta bake. the beef was mince and it was lumpy. there was a pool of liquid in the bottom of the dish and the cheese on the top was thick and chewy. my husband had the surf and turf and he said it was only average. the girl who was waitressing looked very bored and not at all interested in us as customers. we were the only diners in the place so maybe that's why she sang along with the radio now and again. I would rate this restaurant one of the worst I have eaten in while on holiday in the district and I would never suggest anyone eat there

1 Thank elspeth55