“Good food, service and atmos. Fantastic”
Review of Balance Of Bowness

Balance Of Bowness
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual cafe restaurant open from 12 noon for lunches life bites and our full al a carte menu a lake district cafe restaurant
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I went to Fat Olives after a much-disrupted and long train journey up from Bristol. We were starving, and our experience was exactly what we needed.

We shared the Garlic and Herb Bruschetta for a starter and it was tasty, hot and fresh. For mains I had the rabbit casserole with mash and veg, and my wife had the vegie cannelloni. Both meals were lovely, my rabbit casserole was tremendous and packed full of well-cooked rabbit.

We also has the great value jug of home-made lemonade to share, and it was really nice. Very cosy on a fresh autumn night, and the service was perfect. Not intrusive, but very attentive.

It was about £32 for shared starter, jug of lemonade (yum) and 2 mains.

Great, great food and that is what is important to me.

There are newer reviews for Balance Of Bowness

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to try Fat Olives at night after seeing their set menu advertised (2 courses and wine for £16.95). We shared a starter of baby back ribs, both had steak for mains and shared a sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The ribs were nice and were enough for 2 to share, the steak was tasty and well-cooked and the portion of sticky toffee pudding was massive - certainly great value for money. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere, quite different to when it is acts as a café in the day. Some of the specials looked nice and there was plenty of choice, would definitely visit again and try something different if we were in the area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in Windermere last weekend and went down into Bowness on first night parked up and being well ready for meal decided on fat Olives, I had sticky ribs and husband had duck, cooked to perfection and plenty on plate, nice glass of house wine and a table in the window, went back again on third night I had same, Husband had fish stew and crusty bread, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

we ate here in sept 2012 after reading some reviews. The food was just ok, nothing special at all. there are definitly a lot nicer restaurants in bowness.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. Located on the main street so it was easy to find. Excellent food and outstanding sangria.