“Food ok - Service - What Service ??”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Postilion Restaurant - CLOSED

Postilion Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Chester, United Kingdom
“Food ok - Service - What Service ??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I agree with the people below. We had a similar experience service wise at this restaurant and also did not tip (for first time that I can remember) and would not go back. The whole evening was one of those - "We'll laugh about this tomorrow" experiences. It started with a delay with the table and no one serving drinks in the bar area and finished with the manager (I think) continually apologising and slagging off customers who had eaten there earlier in the evening. In between we had missing drinks, glasses etc. Not a pleasant experience. Oh - food was ok.

edinburgh
“Does not live up to the reviews. Food was...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

Does not live up to the reviews. Food was bland, same sauces used for numerous dishes. The food was like basic student dishes. Would not return. Really precious about things like changing mashed potato to chips etc. Very very very disappointing. Would not recommend .

Halesowen
“You definately will not be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Dined at the Postillion on our way through to Scotland having stopped at the Lakes overnight, we had not read any reviews so had no idea what to expect. What a lovely surprise the meal was absolutely de....licious. We were so impressed that we went out of our way on the return journey so that we could visit again, and yet again the meal was fantastic and excellent value for money Alan who served us was a real professional and we highly recommend it to Trip Advisor customers.

Leeds
“Oh Dear! Really nice food let down by abysmal service!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

My wife & I booked this restaurant on the strength of TA reviews. Suffice it to say I won't be returning next time I visit Bowness. The menu is varied and great value if you stick to the Table d'hote. The food is good and well prepared. The service would have made Basil Faulty very proud. Manager running around like headless chicken, two Spanish waitresses who need a lesson in service and I'm sorry but bare midriffs don't do it for me, well not when I'm having dinner! Tables not cleared promptly after guests had left.
It's the first time in a long time that I've not left a tip, but I will give them a tip - pay attention to service because no matter how good the chef if, you're dead in the water without good, attentive and unfussy service...........and one final thought, if you've got staff issues, it's not my problem and if your'e short-staffed, explain when I arrive, offer a compimentary drind and some olives and I'd understand. Don't wait till after I've asked for the bill to offere me a drink!

Liverpool
“The best meal I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

We decided to go to postillion as we were looking for value for money but yet a nice meal for my boyfriends birthday. Me and my boyfriend ordered the deal which is 3 courses for £17.00. I had pate then three little pigs (cumberland sausage wrapped in chorizo with pea and bacon mash with dressing.) My boyfriend had buffalo Mozzarella salad then steak. Desserts were also wonderful, (lemon tart and crepes) The services was brilliant and the food was the nicest I have ever tasted, my boyfriend agreed. Not to sure what the other review where talking about, maybe they went on a bad day.