“Not a great restaurant...avoid at all costs”
Review of Postilion Restaurant - CLOSED

Postilion Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I had the miss fortune to dine at this restaurant and must say the food was barely average, the service was decidely "Ish" and in my opinion the manager of the restaurant has had a charisma bypass

1  Thank EnglandHammer
There are newer reviews for Postilion Restaurant

Reviewed October 1, 2009

This was a visit for a special meal for two. Whilst the food was fine it became very special for other reasons! After we left - and after a few weeks had passed- the restaurant decided to charge an additional amount to my card on the basis that we had been undercharged. And this additional charge without my knowledge!!! I've had to contact my bank and trading standards about this. The owner/manager doesn't seem to understand why I am upset about this! In fact he threatened me with him contacting the police to have me charged with "shop-lifting" if I asked him to refund the amount.
The food was OK and much as you would expect for the price and area.
This has ruined our memories of what should have been a great night out. The amount that has been taken out of my account without my knowledge isn't very much - and if I had been contacted I would have probably paid it without any fuss. I'm not happy with how this restaurant has acted. I can't recommend you go there for this reason alone. But if you do decide to go then pay by cash!

2  Thank ManMonkey
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I ate here for my anniversary in sept 09. Paid for the bill by my debit card and left. I found out a week later that extra money had been debited from my account without my permission. I contacted the restaurant believing this to be a mistake and to sort it out and was told that they had undercharged me for my meal. They had kept my card details and a week after they realised had debited from my account, without my permission the money that they believed I owed. I paid my bill in good faith and to find out that not only did this restaurant keep my debit card details but to use them again without my permission to rectify their mistake i find very worrying!!!!

3  Thank sol1999kat
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Had not booked a table but arrived here at 8.45pm, Hoped that being just 2 of us & it being a sunday night would get a table ok.
Waiter told us there was a 15-20 minute wait for a table, but we could sit upstairs and have a drink whilst we are waiting.
We were hungry but thought that wait would be ok if we could relax with a drink whilst waiting.
We went upstairs to find a lovely, cosy atmospheric room & nice sofas.
We ordered a bottle of wine, and excited, looked at the menu to decide what to order.
20 mins later.... still sat there with no wine! waited another 10 mins & decided to go downstairs and at least ask for our wine!
waiters very apologetic, only 2 of them working and both looked completely stressed!
10 minutes later.. they brought our wine up, just put it on the table for us to open ourselves & ran back downstairs!
Both now quite worried and completely starving, no sign of a table or even our food order being taken :-(
Eventually, one of the waiters came back up to take our order after 40 minutes of waiting.
( also upstairs near to us were a group of people that had ordered coffees after there meal & i overheard them saying "we've been waiting 30 mins for coffee, shall we keep waiting or just leave?")
We were going to order starters,they sounded lovely but we decided to just order garlic bread as a starter as we felt it would come a bit faster.
We were right and within 10 minutes he brought our garlic bread with sundried tomatoes upstairs to our sofa, so we ate that there & it was delicious and a good portion size.
10 minutes later the waiter came to say our table was ready for us, so we took our wine and starter downstairs to our table. The time was nearly 10pm.
He had taken our order for the main course when we ordered the starter, so within a few minutes our meal arrived.
It looked amazing & tasted soo delicious, it was the best lamb dish i have ever had!! My husband also loved his meal too.
We ordered a sticky toffee pudding to share and that soon arrived and was very delicious!
There was one other table with people dining near to us,we had also seen them sat upstairs earlier waiting also.
To add insult to injury, the waiter came to them and offered them all a complimentary
drink, which they had.
He didnt do this quietly, so he would have known that we heard him do this, because he then looked round to us and explained to the people how patient we had been because we had waited even longer!!
Did we get offered a complimentary drink?................. nope!!
We presumed this was because the other people were rich and had ordered champagne & fillet steak etc.
We are not really the type to complain & i didnt want to cause a scene.
We paid our bill and left. There is no excuse for this terrible service, basically they need more staff!! I would love to taste that food again but we are now very put off from going back!

1  Thank sarsylou
Reviewed August 28, 2009

despite a late booking, the maitre'd was very accommodating, calling to offer an earlier table if we wished!!! upon arrival, we were shown to the cosy bar area. our order was taken swiftly. the yummy starters arrived at our table shortly afterwards. followed by our delicious mains and naughty desert!!!! the atmosphere was very relaxed. we had a wonderful evening and thoroughly recommend this to anyone!!!