“Still full”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still full”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Visited here a week ago. The service was perfection, the value for money incredible, the food tasted as beautiful as it looked. We ordered the cheese tart (which I could have eaten for every course), the pear salad (artwork) the curry (pineapple chutney is my new favourite), greek parcels (took me instantly on holiday) and then the brownie and toffee pudding. I'm not usually a sweet fan but that chocolate brownie has me converted!
During our time there the staff were incredible. Another couple had an issue with food being slightly underdone but this was rectified instantly and complimentary olives given, it was nice to see how an issue was dealt with and remedied perfectly. Well done.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“good meal in bowness..the most inspiring menu by far!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

we came across the restaurant as we walked around the town and felt the menu was the best around. we managed to get table no.10 (a great spot!) right in the heart of the restaurant. food was good, but not great for example i ordered confit duck however the duck skin was not rendered and the meat was not soft as it should be. service was great though. its better value for 3 courses, and if you come before 7 its £18 (which is great value). we didnt have dessert as it didnt look promising..but other than that a good meal!

• Visited August 2014
“One of the best A la Cart meals I've tasted!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Whilst on holiday in the Lakes my brother and I along with our wives booked a meal for a Saturday evening. The Postilion restaurant is tucked away just off the main Bowness high-street but is still easy to find. On arrival, we all thought the ambiance was excellent and we were soon shown to our table, situated on the ground floor. The decor was tasteful and the seductive lighting all added to the fine dining experience. We were greeted with a friendly smile and the service throughout the evening was very good (only marred slightly by having to remind the waiter to bring some extra veg for our main meal, an issue that was soon rectified with an apology). The meals were all excellent and we all would certainly argue that they were right up there with the very best that we had ever tasted. I had read some previous reviews about their creme brulee so I decided to try it and I have to agree with the majority here and say it was divine, heaven in a dish! I cannot comment on the cost as my brother generously paid the bill (well done bruv) but judging from the menu, and the swell in my belly, I thought the whole evening was amazing value for money and I can honestly state that the dining experience could not bettered anywhere in Bowness in the whole week of our holiday.

1 Thank doc_Col
North
“Another great meal”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Another great meal at one of our favourite restaurants in Bowness on Windermere. Superb quality and service.

1 Thank DesOwen
Wakefield
“A different experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had a lovely evening meal at the Postilion. An innovative (Heston Blumenthal style ) menu, the food was delicious and well presented, the price did not reflect the standard of food served. We will certainly eat there every time we visit the Lakes - it would be hard to beat on it's central location, standard of food and price